All libraries in the PEI Public Library Service accept donations of books and other materials.
We will happily consider:
- Books in excellent condition published within the last 2 years
- Local PEI titles
- DVDs, music CDs and audiobooks
We do not accept:
- Any items in poor condition (yellowed, worn, dusty, damp, moldy, torn, etc.)
- Out of date materials, such as old science, medicine, and technology books
- Encyclopedias, textbooks, or Reader's Digest Condensed books
- Specialized journals
- Old magazines
- VHS and cassette tapes, CD ROMs
The library is not able to pick up donated materials. Tax receipts are available upon request for gifts over $100 in a given year.
The PEI Public Library Service reserves the right to determine the placement of all donated materials and the right to dispose of items not added to the collection.
To make a donation, contact your local library.